Pageviews:

Friday, October 9, 2009

Being Somebody Else

Being somebody else is hard because usually you are not the same to other people. But one thing i've learned is that all of us are different. And One thing that makes me feel like I am being someone else is that I have type 1 Diabetes, and that is very hard for me. You have to take shots before you eat and test your blood sugar all the time.
Taking shots is hard because you have to rely on the insulin to keep you alive. Testing is hard because sometimes the meter says the right number, but you don't feel like that. Also, it makes it hard on my mom to figure out how to dose me.
Plus, I take two different kinds of insulin. One is for at night and one is for the day. The day one is called Nova Log, while the night one is Lantus.
My family also has to take lots and lots of medication. We have at least one hundred medicines in our cupboards. We have to take pills every day and that is not fun. I have two bottles of medication for me. I get them from the acupuncturist. The acupuncturist takes you into his office and he talks to you about your symptoms, your medical history, and everything that has happened to you. Then he sticks needles into you at points that he thinks will help you, but that is no big deal for me. You should see the improvement that I have gone through. MY blood sugars have been better since acupuncture.
A lot of my siblings have said that this is the best doctor they have gone to yet.
Over all, I am going through a lot. I have Diabetes, which makes it hard for everyone, and I have a lot of medicines to take every day. But the acupuncturist has been helping a lot and I think that I am on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment