Pageviews:

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Three Months on a Diet

Starting Sunday I will be going on this diet called the GAPS diet. The reason I'm doing this is because my mom got an e-mail from a lady whose daughter has type 1 diabetes. The e-mail said that her daughter got on a brand new diet (the GAPS diet) and it lowered her A1c to 6.0.


A1c measures the average blood sugar. An A1c of 6.0 is great for a child with diabetes. The lowest my A1c has been is 7.6. It takes three months to get the A1c to an average level.


For the past few months I've been working really hard on trying to get my blood sugars in range. But after me and my dad went on my tenth birthday trip (FINALLY!) I got back and my mom got sick and wasn't doing well. Now you may think I'm crazy for saying this but it was good for her body to have a cold. You see she hadn't had a cold in 5 years and when she got the cold it meant her body didn't have so many toxins held in there. My little brother got the cold first, that's when me and dad left for the trip. Then my sister. Then me. I had it for 2 weeks and it passed. We started school just four days ago with a tutor. And it was just yesterday that we came up with the idea of me going on this diet.


I'm going to keep a journal of what's going on in the process of the diet. You're going to see days as the titles like Day one, Day 2 and so on and so forth. I'm going to try to write every 2 days so it might be more like Day 1, Day 3. If I don't get to writing every 2 days then I apologize and I'll try and write more later.


Just wanted you to know about what's going on.
BYE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment